Play Stadia on iOS

You can play Stadia games on your iPhone or iPad when you create a spider web app shortcut that uses the Safari browser. To get started, y'all demand:

  • A Stadia account. It's easy to create ane.
  • An iPhone or iPad with iOS version 14.3 or later on.
  • At least one game in your Stadia library. After you create an account, yous can buy games in the Stadia shop or sign up for Stadia Pro to claim games at no extra charge.
  • Optional: A Stadia Controller or a supported Bluetooth® controller. To use a Stadia Controller, your iPhone or iPad must exist continued to a Wi-Fi network.

Note: Some Stadia features may not be available on iOS. Your gameplay experience may vary depending on your mobile device and the quality of your network connection. If you lot experience issues with Stadia on iOS, please refer to our iOS troubleshooting guide.

Add the Stadia web app shortcut to your abode screen

For the best experience on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps beneath to add a web shortcut to Stadia on your device'southward home screen. Y'all only demand to perform these steps once:

  1. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Safari app.
  2. Navigate to stadia.com and sign into your Stadia account.
  3. A prompt appears that lets you know yous can play in your browser. Select Got it.
  4. The Stadia home screen appears in Safari.
  5. In Safari, select Share icon Share.
    • On an iPhone, this icon appears at the bottom of your phone's screen.
    • On an iPad, this icon appears at the top correct of your tablet'due south screen.
  6. A share menu appears. Select the "Add together to Home Screen" option. It appears next to a plus icon Add.
  7. Return to your device's habitation screen and tap the Stadia web app icon Stadia. This web icon has a different design than the Stadia app Stadia icon bachelor from the App Store.

Whenever y'all desire to play Stadia on your iPhone or iPad, merely tap the Stadia web app icon Stadia.

Note: For more information virtually Safari features, go to the Safari support site. Although you cannot play games with the Stadia app Stadia icon that's available from the App Shop®, you tin use it to gear up up a new Stadia Controller and add together games to your library.

Controller back up

Follow the instructions beneath to use the Stadia Controller or a supported Bluetooth Controller to play Stadia on your iPhone or iPad.

Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to play games with a Stadia Controller. Wired controllers are not officially supported with Stadia on iOS at this fourth dimension.

Stadia Controller

  1. If you use a Stadia Controller with your Wi-Fi network for the first fourth dimension, set it upwards in the Stadia app Stadia icon.
  2. After your controller is set up on your Wi-Fi network, open the Stadia app Stadia icon and then tap the Controller icon to check if updates need to exist applied to your controller.
  3. Sign into Stadia and link your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your iPhone or iPad.

Third-party Bluetooth controllers

Supported controllers include the PlayStation® DualShock®4 Controller and the Xbox 1® Controller. To use them with Stadia, just connect them with Bluetooth to your iOS device.

FAQ for Stadia on iOS

I want to play Stadia on my iPhone or iPad but don't have a Stadia account. How do I sign up?

Acquire how to sign up for a Stadia account.

I created my Stadia account. How do I play games on iOS?

Follow the instructions at the top of this article to add a Stadia icon to your device'due south home screen. Later you add the icon, merely tap it whenever you lot want to play Stadia on your iPhone or iPad.

To play Stadia, do I have to add a web app shortcut to my home screen?

For the all-time experience, it's recommended you create the web app icon on your device's habitation screen. Setup takes less than a minute and you simply demand to practise it once.

What controllers are supported for Stadia on iOS?

If you accept a Stadia Controller, you can link it wirelessly to your device. Some Bluetooth gamepads are also supported. Refer to the list of Stadia-compatible controllers.

I don't have a controller. Tin can I play games when I use the screen on my iPhone or iPad?

Aye. If you don't accept a controller, you can enable the impact gamepad when y'all launch a game.

Tin can I play Stadia on my iOS device when I use mobile data connection?

Yes. However, annotation that when you play Stadia on your mobile connectedness, it may employ a significant amount of data. If you play Stadia on a mobile data instead of your Wi-Fi network, it'southward recommended to choose up to 720 p (mobile data optimized) in your Operation settings. It's recommended to track your data usage to avoid whatever unexpected charges.

Troubleshooting Stadia on iOS

Read these tips if you lot have bug playing Stadia on your iPhone or iPad:

I updated my device to iOS 15 and now I can't launch games in my Safari web app.
If you accept trouble launching Stadia games on a device running iOS fifteen, go into your device's settings, then navigate to Safari and then Advanced and then Experimental Features and then and disable WebRTC Platform UDP Sockets.

When I endeavor to play, I receive a message that I need to update my browser.
Stadia requires the latest version of iOS. To update your browser, go to the system settings on your iPhone or iPad and update your system software.

When I plow on my Stadia Controller, it links to my Chromecast Ultra. How can I link it to my iPhone or iPad?
When you turn on your Stadia Controller, disable machine-linking by property down the Stadia push button Stadia button for 3 seconds. The controller will rumble twice. Adjacent, utilise the controller to enter the linking code that appears on your iPhone or iPad.

I entered the linking code on my Stadia Controller, but information technology won't link to my iPhone or iPad. What can I do?
If you lot're having trouble linking a Stadia Controller to your iPhone or iPad, make sure the controller has the latest firmware update practical to information technology before yous endeavour again:

  1. Turn off your Stadia Controller and then printing the Stadia button Stadia button to plow it on over again.
  2. Await upward to xv seconds until the controller rumbles and the status light blinks white.
  3. Press and agree the Stadia button Stadia button until the controller rumbles and the status light turns off.
  4. Set the controller downwards for five minutes. The latest firmware update will exist applied automatically.

To ensure the latest firmware update is applied, yous tin can besides reconnect your Stadia Controller to your Wi-Fi network.

When I select a game in my library, the Play button doesn't appear.
If you launch the Stadia web app and the Play button doesn't appear after you select a game, go into your device's settings and then disable content blockers for "stadia.google.com" in your Safari settings. Next, shut down the Stadia web app and restart it.

My game was interrupted when I received a call or switched apps on my iPhone or iPad. How tin I keep playing?
If the Stadia spider web app gets put in the background and your game is interrupted or your controller doesn't reconnect, shut down the app completely and and then restart information technology.

My game was interrupted and my controller won't reconnect. How tin can I keep playing?
If your controller won't reconnect after your game was interrupted, shut down the Stadia web app completely and then restart it.

The accost bar in my browser takes up a big portion of the screen. Can I remove it?
For the best total-screen experience on your iPhone or iPad, add together the Stadia web app to your abode screen.

I'grand playing in portrait orientation, but the game is difficult to come across. Tin can I resize it?
For the best experience, rotate your device to landscape orientation while you play.

APP STORE, IPHONE, IPAD, and SAFARI are trademarks of Apple tree Inc.

BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.

IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.

PLAYSTATION and DUALSHOCK iv are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

XBOX I is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.s.a. and/or other countries.

Was this helpful?

How can nosotros improve it?